Notices 5 May 2017
50 Days of Moral Action
Noon Vigil: Friday 5th May
Our Noon Vigil will be held on the Bridge over the M1, between Donald Gordon and Mandela Children’s Hospital and at the Southern end of Oxford Rd.
All are most welcome to join us.
Please see the attached letter from Bishop Steve below.
Melville Koppie Eucharist: 9:30 am Sunday May 7
On May 8, 1213, St Francis was given the mountain of La Verna, on which he built his monastery, as a gift by Count Orlando of Chiusi. The EcoGroup thought that this Sunday would be an appropriate day on which to hold a “mountain” eucharist, on our Koppie. There will be a 7:30 am service as usual at the church, but no 9:30 am service at the church. It will be on the Koppie.
- Park and meet in the carpark at Marks Park Sports Club parking lot off Judith Rd at 09h15 on Sunday morning
- The group will enter the Koppies through a gate opposite the Marks Park entrance at 09h30, and will be led to the selected spot
- A simple eucharist will be celebrated in the natural surroundings, and should be over before 11h00
- We shall then return to the car park via a slightly different route; back to cars by 11h30
- The Offering we take will go to the Melville Koppies Nature Reserve to support their work. The normal entry fee is R50 per adult, and the Reserve is struggling financially, so we would like to help generously.
- You might want to bring the following: water to drink, a hat if it is sunny and a jacket if it is cold, and a light stool or cushion to sit on if you prefer not standing or sitting on the grass.
- The normal 7:30 am Eucharist will be held at the church.