A Noon Vigil will be held this Friday 28th opposite the Spar on Tyrone Ave. We have made some placards but bring your own if you can.
Melville Koppie Eucharist: 9:30 am Sunday May 7
On May 8, 1213, St Francis was given the mountain of La Verna, on which he built his monastery, as a gift by Count Orlando of Chiusi. The EcoGroup thought that the 7th would be an appropriate day on which to hold a “mountain” Eucharist, on our Koppie. There will be a 7:30 am service as usual at the church, but no 9:30 am service at the church. It will be on the Koppie.
* Park and meet in the carpark at Marks Park at 09h15 on Sunday morning off Judith Rd
* The group will enter the Koppies through a gate opposite the Marks Park entrance at 09h30, and will be lead to the selected spot
* A simple Eucharist will be celebrated in the natural surroundings, and should be over before 11h00
* We shall then return to the car park via a slightly different route; back to cars by 11h30
* The Offering we take will go to the Melville Koppies Nature Reserve to support their work so please give generously
Winter is coming and our soup kitchen is starting up again on 2nd May. We need volunteers to sign up for soup kitchen duties on the roster. Sign-up forms are at the back of the church. Please be sure to respond with generosity of time and donations of dried foods or cans to make the soup more nourishing.